Latin Name : Satureja Hortensis
Savory is a plant which closes relative to thyme, lavender and sage. Savory has a quite hot taste, like thyme, and a bit acrid, and have abundant of mineral and vitamins. This herb is a good source of iron, potassium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, and selenium
This herb is not only good for adding flavor to dishes. It also comes with all kinds of health benefits:
– Remedy for Digestive Problems: It has also been shown to help relieve symptoms of many digestive problems. These include diarrhea, gastro-enteritis, and even colic.
– A Natural Antiseptic: It has an essential oil called thymol which contains antiseptic and antifungal properties. These properties can help treat bee stings and other kinds of insect bites.
– Relieves Symptoms of Coughs and Colds: Many use this plant to help treat symptoms of cough and cold, such as sore throat, thanks to its antibacterial properties. It also has Vitamin C which helps the body naturally protect itself against viruses and other free radicals.
– Natural Aphrodisiac: Like the Ancient Romans, many people still use the savory plant as a natural aphrodisiac.
– Prevents Diseases and Promotes Overall Health: This plant has antioxidants which can help prevent diseases from even forming in the first place. One example is its ability to lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels in the body. This helps promote heart health and stop heart diseases from developing.