Latin Name : Asplathus Linearis
Rooibos tea is a distinctive red colour and its taste is also unique with a very sweet and slightly nutty flavour. Its delicious taste and numerous healthful qualities has helped Rooibos become a popular tea all over the world.
Rooibos has no caffeine and is low in tannin, so it can be enjoyed all day long without any unpleasant side effects. This also makes it a great tea for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- Eases irritability, headaches, nervous tension and insomnia.
- Acts as an anti-spasmodic agent, to relieve stomach cramps and colic in infants.
- Can be used to treat hay fever, asthma and eczema.
- Placed directly on the skin, it can slow the aging process.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Rooibos tea contains no oxalic acid, so it can safely be consumed by people who are prone to kidney stones.
- There are so many minerals in rooibos such as copper, iron and potassium that it can almost be considered a nutritional supplement.
This tea is scented with honey.