Latin Name: Capsicum Frutescens
Origin Country: Uganda
Common Name: The bird’s eye chili, also known as the Thai Chili.
The bird’s eye pepper is a small round pepper originating in Thailand. Chili peppers, are members of the plant category of the genus Capsicum. The fruits are very pungent. The bird’s eye chili is small, but is quite hot. It measures around 50,000 – 100,000 Scoville units.
The red, mature peppers tend to taste a bit more fruity and sweet.
- Digestion Support
Capsaicin has plenty of positive effects on the digestive system. It increases the fluids in the stomach while inhibiting acid and enzyme production and improving digestion.
Consuming capsaicin helps speed up the digestion process, enabling you to digest foods that would otherwise take a long time to complete the process.
- Weight Management
Spicy foods can increase your energy expenditure, which allows you to burn calories quicker.
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Regulation
- Capsaicin is also known to lower blood cholesterol levels while not affecting HDL cholesterol.
- It increases appetite by stimulating the gut.
- People used this chili to treat bruises and swelling.
- It also reduces risk of heart diseases and tuberculosis.