Latin Name : Theobroma cacao
Cocoa, which comes from the fruit of the cocoa tree, is considered one of the best superfoods and not unjustly so. Its scientific name is “theobroma cacao” and comes from the Greek words “stink of the gods”.
The use of cocoa for its health benefits dates back at least 3,000 years. Cocoa contains vegetable fat, carbohydrates, antioxidants and biologically active substances, caffeine, essential minerals and vitamins.
Cacao nibs are made from crushed cacao beans, these raw nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and packed with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber.
Health Benefits of Cocoa
– Cocoa is loaded with antioxidants such as flavonoids and procyanidins that help to provide anti-aging properties.
– It has also high concentration of epicatechin that is helpful for cardiovascular health.
– Reduces insulin resistance, protecting against type II diabetes.
– Cocoa provides relief from constipation, cholesterol, obesity, high blood pressure and neurodegenerative disease.
– It helps to heal the wound fast and provides skin and brain health.
– It helps to enhance mood and has positive effects on neurotoxicity.It also helps to chronic fatigue syndrome.
There are no reviews yet.