Latin Name : Illicium Verum
Originating in southern China, star anise has a licorice- or anise-like flavour, although it is not related to the true anise plants native to the Mediterranean basin and Middle East.
- Antioxidant: The antioxidant property is due to the presence of a chemical called linolool as well as Vitamin A and C.
- Combats fungal infections: Star anise helps to combat a very common problem of skin called candidiasis. This fungus generally affects superficial skin, mouth, and throat.
- Fights against bacteria: It has been found that star anise and its oil due to its expectorant property, are effective in receding cough due to asthma and bronchitis. Apart from that, star anise has been shown to be effective against almost 70 drug resistant bacterial strains.
- Helps people with rheumatism: The oil of star anise has been found to be beneficial in patients with rheumatism and also with lower back pain.
- Improves digestion: It helps to treat digestive ailments, such as bloating, abdominal cramps, gas, indigestion and constipation and also activates the metabolic enzymes.
- Helps people with sleep problems: Star anise has a sedative property and may be helpful for people with sleep disorders.
There are no reviews yet.