Agar is the product of several species of seaweed. It is also known as agar-agar.
Agar is used for scientific purposes (in biology for example), in fabric gluing and in brewing. Agar can also be used as a laxative (it is 80% fiber) and as an appetite suppressant. And it is certainly an amazing gastronomic ingredient. It is a herbal substitute for gelatin, a thickener for soups, pastries, ice creams and other desserts.
- Agar facilitates weight loss the natural way.
- Agar has been shown to help people suffering from diabetes and constipation.
- Agar has been shown to manage blood-sugar levels and drive down bad cholesterol.
- Agar has low fats and calories.
- Agar has no foul smell or taste.
- Agar is a healthy vegetarian substitute to gelatin.
- Agar is a versatile food ingredient. It can be cooked and mixed with drinks and foods without affecting their original taste. It also adds interesting texture to foods.
- Agar suppresses appetite the natural way.
There are no reviews yet.