Latin Name : Borago Officinalis L.
Borage is rich in essential fatty acids such as gamma-linolenic acid or omega-6 fatty acid that has been studied to promote joint restoration, healthy skin, and boosts immunity. Borage has high levels of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. the Vitamin C in borage makes it valuable for its anti-oxidant property while vitamin A is known to promote good eye sight.
- Diuretic: Borage is used to remove excess liquid from the body, and is believed to help remove toxins.
- Sudorific: Borage is known to contain choline that stimulates the glands that produce sweat and cools the body. Because of this cooling property of borage, it is used to treat fever, bronchitis, colds and flu.
- Borage is also used to treat arthritis. Borage is rich in essential fatty acids that help to relieve pain associated with arthritis.
- Borage is known to have sedative action. Borage contains niacin or nicotinic-acid that may have positive effects against anxiety, stress and nervousness.
- Borage promotes digestion and helps to relieve stomach aches such as gastritis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Borage is used to treat skin infections and inflammation such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, pimples, herpes, nail fungus.