Latin Name : Apium graveolens
Celery is part of the Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, parsnips, parsley, and celeriac. Its crunchy stalks make the vegetable a popular low-calorie snack, and it may provide a range of health benefits.
– Celery contains a plant compound called apigenin, which plays a role in traditional Chinese medicine as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant agent.
– Celery helps lose weight as it has a diuretic effect .
– It is recommended for the treatment of cardiovascular health.
– It is also recommended for digestion health or improvement, liver health, eye, skin, and cognitive health.
– Celery helps to manage diabetic symptoms, gives relief from asthma and migraine.
– It also helps to reduce blood pressure and blood cholesterol.
– Prevents urinary tract infections in female.
– Helps to reduce swelling and pain around the joints.