Curry powder is a mixture of spices with a bright golden hue and a complex flavor. This variety of spices, usually including turmeric, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, and chili pepper. Other common additions are ginger, black pepper, mustard seeds, curry leaves and fennel seeds. It’s slightly sweet, slightly savory, quite earthy, with a bit of heat.
Curry powder may offer a variety of health benefits due to the numerous healthful spices it contains.
– Turmeric, one of the main spices in the blend, contains a pigment called curcumin. Curcumin is well known for its ability to fight inflammation by regulating inflammatory proteins. Other spices commonly found in curry powder, including chili pepper and coriander, offer anti-inflammatory effects as well.
– Curcumin may help your digestive system function properly and relieve symptoms of digestive disorders.
– Consuming curry powder may benefit heart health. The spice mix may boost blood flow and improve blood vessel function, which in turn may decrease heart disease risk.
– Curry powder contains an abundance of antioxidants, such as curcumin, quercetin, pinene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and cuminal. Therefore, adding antioxidant-rich curry powder to meals may help reduce oxidative stress and disease risk.
– Curry powder contains coriander and cumin, two spices that test-tube studies have shown to have antifungal and antibacterial effects.
There are no reviews yet.