Latin Name : Stellaria media
- Kidney and liver tonic: Common chickweed has long been used in folkloric medicine as tonic to cleanse the kidney and liver. Chickweed can be eaten raw mixed with salad or prepared and taken as tea.
- Treatment of skin problems: Among the many claimed health benefits from chickweed is its ability to heal skin wounds. It is used as a poultice to treat boils, cuts, burns, abscesses and ulcers. Chickweed is also used to treat itchiness associated with eczema and psoriasis.
- Anti-Inflammatory and pain reliever: Another health benefit from Chickweed is it ability to act against inflammation and pain. It is used to treat rheumatism, arthritis and menstrual pain.
- Health benefit for stomach problems: Chickweed is also used to treat constipation, upset stomach and to promote digestion.
- Chickweed for lung problems: Chickweed is also used to treat asthma and other respiratory problems such as couch and colds. It is believed that the vitamin C in Chickweed can help boost body resistance and can even be used to treat scurvy.
There are no reviews yet.