Latin Name : Theobroma cacao
The use of cocoa for its health benefits dates back at least 3,000 years. Its beneficial action comes from its high content of flavonoids, mainly epicatechin and polyphenols. Cocoa bean powder also has high content of minerals such as magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, calcium and manganese. It is an excellent source of potassium, selenium and zinc.
The following are some of the beneficial properties of cocoa:
– Cocoa is loaded with antioxidants such as flavonoids and procyanidins that help to provide anti-aging properties.
– It has also high concentration of epicatechin that is helpful for cardiovascular health.
– Reduces insulin resistance, protecting against type II diabetes.
– Cocoa provides relief from constipation, cholesterol, obesity, high blood pressure and neurodegenerative disease.
– It helps to heal the wound fast and provides skin and brain health.
– It helps to enhance mood and has positive effects on neurotoxicity.It also helps to chronic fatigue syndrome.
There are no reviews yet.