Latin Name : Rosa Damascena
The rose family has over 130 species and thousands of cultivars. All roses are edible and can be used in tea, but some varieties are sweet while others are more bitter.
Rose tea is an aromatic herbal beverage made from the fragrant petals and buds of rose flowers.
It’s claimed to offer numerous health benefits:
- Aids in weight loss: The rose buds contain compounds that improve metabolism in addition to clearing toxins from the body, thereby aiding in weight loss. Apart from this, eating a handful of rose bud satiates your senses and prevents you from eating more and thus, helps you lose weight in a natural way.
- Relieves stress and depression: With fatigue and stress comes insomnia and restlessness that gives rise to irritability and frigidity. Rose buds and its essence can beat these symptoms too.
- Is a well-known astringent : Rosewater helps treat skin irritation on sensitive skin, balances out oily skin, softens and tones the skin. As rose bud contain antioxidants and antibacterial compounds, they soothe the skin, providing relief from excessive irritation and itching.
- Roses are good for protecting liver and stomach: Rose Tea has the ability to cure the liver problems such as Sluggishness and constipation. It also cleans the bladder and the liver as it encourage the bile flow. Those are the proven result you can expect from Rose Tea.
- Roses help to ease the mood and relieve depression. Roses are proven to contain Vitamin C, Pectin, Malic and Citric Acids. Those ingredients have the ability to balance the mind.