Latin Name: Pimienta Roja
Red Pepper Flakes is the Balkan version of paprika, but comes exclusively from a mix of peppers from the Capsicum Annum family. They are not made of one type of chilli, but from various combinations of ancho, bell, cayenne and more which are used whole, dried or in vinegar, in the Chinese cuisine of Sichuan.
Hot peppers remain firmly on top of medicinal herbs. They originate from Central and South America and their healing properties are among the most suitable for treating various health problems.
- Like all red chili peppers, red pepper flakes is a source of carotenoids including beta carotene. Carotenoids are antioxidants that fight the free radicals known to cause serious diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- At the same time, adequate fiber can lower your blood cholesterol while also slowing your body’s absorption of sugar.
- Balances blood pressure and reduces high blood pressure.
- It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- It has hemostatic properties.
- Due to the high amount of capsaicin (hot substance) secretions are stimulated, mucus is removed from the nose and lungs, it relieves flu and colds.
- It also helps in weight loss because it increases metabolism.
- Soothes muscle aches as well as joint pains.
There are no reviews yet.