From: 6.55 €
Latin Name : Arthrospira Platensis
Origin Country: China
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that people can take as a dietary supplement. It is considered a superfood due to its excellent nutritional content in protein, calcium, vitamin and iron.
- Rich in vitamins: Spirulina is especially high in Omega-3s. It also contains vitamins B-1, B-2 ,B-3,B-6,B-9, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E.
- High concentration of protein: Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic.
- High in Calcium : Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk, making it excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties : Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system
- Anemia : Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia. It will not cause constipation.
You can stir a small spoonful of spirulina into a glass of water or juice and drink it straight or you can add some to a smoothie, soups and salads.
The recommended daily dose is 1 to 8 grams.
Be warned: just a small amount of deeply pigmeneted spirulina will change th colour into a deep blue green colour , almost black.
Although few adverse effects are associated with the use of spirulina, consuming spirulina may cause headaches, allergic reactions, muscle pain, sweating, and insomnia in some cases. People with allergies to seafood, seaweed, and other sea vegetables should avoid spirulina.
Also people with autoimmune disease, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, should avoid taking spirulina, which may exacerbate the problem of autoimmunity.
In any case you should consult with your healthcare doctor before using spirulina especially if you’re taking other medications or having health problems.
50g, 100g, 200g, 300g, 400g, 500g, 600g, 750g, 1000g (1kg), 2000g (2kg), 3000g (3kg), 4000g (4kg), 5000g (5kg)