Latin Name : Arthrospira Platensis
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that people can take as a dietary supplement. It is considered a superfood due to its excellent nutritional content in protein, calcium, vitamin and iron.
- Rich in vitamins: Spirulina is especially high in Omega-3s. It also contains vitamins B-1, B-2 ,B-3,B-6,B-9, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin E.
- High concentration of protein: Spirulina is 65% protein and amino acids including the essential fatty acid gamma linolenic.
- High in Calcium : Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 times the calcium in milk, making it excellent for children, the elderly and during pregnancy
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties : Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system
- Anemia : Spirulina has a very high concentration of bio-available iron and is excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia. It will not cause constipation.