Latin Name : Rumex crispus
Yellow dock is a plant native to Europe and Asia. In traditional herbal medicine, yellow dock is thought to be a general health tonic and helps to maintain proper digestive health.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of Yellow Dock:
– Yellow dock is an herb famous for its “cleansing” properties. It is a laxative not so well known, since it is mainly recommended for mild constipation. Its laxative and cleansing properties are due to anthraquinones.
– This herb also has diuretic properties, which makes it a natural remedy for water retention, inflammation of the bladder and urinary stones.
– When prepared as a poultice, yellow dock has a calming effect and is used as a natural remedy for boils and burns as well as skin problems such as weeping eczema, psoriasis, nettle rash, boils, and abscesses.
– It has even been used as an herbal remedy in the treatment of syphilis and other venereal diseases with skin outbreaks as it alleviates itching and inflammation.
– Yellow dock has been used extensively to resolve issues associated with menstruation. It is a traditional remedy for menstrual pain and heavy bleeding and has also been known to be helpful for unbalanced menstrual cycles.