Latin Name : Alkanna Tinctoria
Alkanet Root also known as ”Ratanjot” is a spice found in Indian foods- to add flavor – and used as a natural food color. Alkanet roots have medicinal properties and are used to cure wounds, fever, and diseases while alkanet oil is popularly used as hair oil.
– Alkanet root is quite helpful to maintain the health of heart.
– It is beneficial in reducing the feeling of fever and headaches. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances in root have a cooling and calming effect on the body, and therefore, it aids in the recovery processes.
– Orally alkanna root has been used for diarrhea and gastric ulcers.
– Alkanna is an amazing wound healer. This is due to the presence of alkannins in alkanet root.
– Alkanet tea is used to soften and soothe irritated skin. It also finds use as a potent diuretic, as well as an astringent.
– Alkanna root has demonstrated radical scavenging activity, suggesting potential antiaging effects.
– Alkanet can act as a natural dye for your hair. The hair oil of alkanet root will prevent all scalp infections including dandruff and premature greying of the hair and will promote hair growth.