Latin Name : Lepidium Meyenii
Maca, a root that belongs to the radish family, is most commonly available in powder form. Grown in the mountains of Peru, it has been called “Peruvian ginseng.”
Maca is rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E. It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids.
– Maca is widely used to promote sexual function of both men and women. It serves as a boost to your libido and increases endurance.
– Maca relieves menstrual issues and menopause. It alleviates cramps, body pain, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression.
– Within days of using maca your energy level may increase. It is also known for increasing stamina. Many athletes take maca for peak performance.
– It supplies iron and helps restore red blood cells, which aids anemia and cardiovascular diseases.
– Maca keeps your bones and teeth healthy and allows you to heal from wounds more quickly.
– Many people take maca for skin issues, as for some people it helps to clear acne and blemishes. Another benefit for your skin is that is decreases sensitivity. In hot or cold weather, maca may help your skin withstand extreme temperatures.