Latin Name : Tribulus Terrestris
Origin Country: Bulgaria
Tribulus has a long history of use in traditional medicine and has been used for many years (India for more than 3,000 years) to treat serious and non-serious ailments.The ingredients contained in triboli are: Glycosides, flavonoids, alkaloids, resins, tannins, sugars, sterols, essential oils.
It is characterized as the herb of testosterone.It contributes positively to health by increasing testosterone levels by stimulating the anterior pituitary gland.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of Tribulus:
- Tribulus – diuretic activity – This herb appears to have diuretic properties, increasing urine production as well as possible anti-inflammatory action.
- Aphrodisiac activity: Tribulus does increase libido in both men and women. It is also known to promote sperm production and ovulation.
- To fight water retention – Tribulus is a natural diuretic. So it eliminates excess of water from the body and reduces the size of cyst.
- Tribulus seems to particularly relieve the symptoms of premenopausal and menopausal stage such as headaches, insomnia, mood swings, abdominal pain. For this reason, it is also indicated for the treatment of psychosomatic diseases such as dizziness and vertigo, hypersensitivity and mood disorders (up to depression), hypertension and insomnia.
- Tribulus for weight loss – Since it is a natural diuretic and increases strength for exercise, it is a powerful herb to use in anit-obesity treatment. It also can be used for lowering cholesterol.