Latin Name : Aloysia Citrodora
With tiny white blossoms and pointed, narrow leaves, lemon verbena, also sometimes called luisa, gets its name from the lemony fragrance of the leaves when they are crushed.
- Nausea and cramps of the digestive system are relieved and helps in digestion of heavy foods. When you consume lemon verbena tea, it reduces the symptoms of flatulence, diarrhoea, upset stomach and in turn calms stomach spasms and colon irritability. Lemon verbena also helps in regulating metabolism, breaks the cellulite and acts as a slimming aid.
- Lemon verbena has mild antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, astringent and digestive tonic properties.
- The lemon verbena is often used as a slimming aid, since it breaks down cellulite and regulates metabolism.
- The pleasing aroma and taste of lemon verbena relaxes the nervous system and elevates the mood in case of mild depression.
- The herb is very useful in relieving the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and regulating the menstrual cycle.
- It is used for treating Crohn’s disease, an autoimmune disease that affects the gastro-intestinal tract.