Latin Name: Hibiscus Sabdariffa
Hibiscus tea, made from dried parts of the hibiscus plant, is deep red in color. It has sweet and tart flavors, similar to cranberry, and may be consumed hot or iced.
- The tea is a mild diuretic, which helps the body to expel toxins, and is often used to lower blood pressure. it can be beneficial for those whose blood pressure problems are caused by stress.
- The tea is also thought to be beneficial for lowering cholesterol.
- People suffering from type 2 diabetes may benefit from drinking hibiscus tea.
- Combating heart disease.
- Treat liver problems, particularly in Eastern medicine.
- The tea is also of benefit to those who wish to lose weight, as it is thought to inhibit the body from absorbing too many carbohydrates.
- The tea is packed with vitamin C and can help to fight the symptoms ofcolds and flu and strengthens the immune system. It has powerful antioxidant properties and can help to remove bacteria from the system. It is useful for preventing and fighting infections.