Latin Name : Alchemilla Vulgaris
Lady’s Mantle is an unusual plant native to Europe and Greenland. The plant is rich in tannins, salicylic acid, essential oil, bitter substances and phytosterols. It also contains vitamin C and numerous minerals. It is often called a “woman’s herb” because it treats some women’s diseases.
Health Benefits of Lady’s Mantle
- Skin Care: Common Lady’s mantle benefits are treating skin problems such as acne, rashes, cuts, and wounds. In addition, Lady’s mantle benefits the skin by treating bites and stings from mosquitos, bees, wasps, and other insects.
- Digestive Health: According to studies, Lady’s mantle tea can be prepared and used as a remedy for digestive problems, especially for people with diabetes. Its salicylic acid helps relieve stomach ache and cramps associated with indigestion. Other Lady’s mantle benefits are improving appetite and treating sore throat and mouth.
- Weight Loss: The leaves of Lady’s mantle combined with horse mint (Mentha longifolia L.), olive (Olea europaea), and cumin (Cuminum cyminum) can help with weight loss.
- Wound Healing: Lady’s mantle is considered a good remedy for wounds, cuts and scrapes because of its high tannin content. The herb may be helpful in numb the pain and speed up the healing process.
- Menstrual disorders: Lady’s mantleis used in herbal medicine mainly to treat menstrual disorders and pain. It is considered an emmenagogue that regulates normal blood flow.