Latin Name : Theobroma Cacao
Origin Country: Peru
Cacao beans are the dried and fermented seeds of the cacao plant. These hand-selected, raw organic cacao beans offer extraordinary richness and depth of flavor.
The following are some of the beneficial properties of cocoa:
– Cocoa is loaded with antioxidants such as flavonoids and procyanidins that help to provide anti-aging properties.
– It has also high concentration of epicatechin that is helpful for cardiovascular health.
– Reduces insulin resistance, protecting against type II diabetes.
– Cocoa provides relief from constipation, cholesterol, obesity, high blood pressure and neurodegenerative disease.
– It helps to heal the wound fast and provides skin and brain health.
– It helps to enhance mood and has positive effects on neurotoxicity.It also helps to chronic fatigue syndrome.
Try raw (unroasted) cocoa beans as a snack, such as nuts, or add them to breakfast cereals, whole or broken. Whole, broken or in powder, they are suitable for sweets, fruits, yogurts and creams, but also for fresh cheeses or salads.
When eating cocoa, avoid dairy products to get the most out of the beneficial properties, as the addition of dairy has actually been shown to block the body's ability to absorb antioxidants.
Eating cocoa is likely safe for most people. Cocoa contains caffeine and related chemicals. Eating large amounts might cause caffeine-related side effects such as nervousness, increased urination, sleeplessness, and a fast heartbeat.
Cocoa can cause allergic skin reactions, constipation, and might trigger migraine headaches. It can also cause digestive complaints including nausea, intestinal discomfort, stomach rumbling, and gas.
In any case you should consult with your healthcare doctor before using especially if you’re taking other medications or having health problems.