Λατινική Ονομασία: Rheum palmatum
Rhubarb has a long and proven history of herbal usage, its main effect being a positive and balancing effect upon the whole digestive system. It is one of the most widely used herbs in Chinese medicine.
The roots contain anthraquinones, which have a purgative effect, and also tannins and bitters, which have an opposite astringent effect.
– When taken in small doses, it acts as an astringent tonic to the digestive system, whilst larger doses act as a mild laxative.
– The rhubarb root when consumed tends to increase the contractions of the colon and also helps in the cleansing of the colon.
– Another one of the benefits of the rhubarb root is that it is promotes weight loss on account of the effect it has on the digestive system as well as the colon.
– The Chinese rhubarb is also used as part of the home treatment to treat ailments such as menstrual disorders, traumatic injuries, conjunctivitis and indigestion.
– The rhubarb root is also beneficial in treating scabs, sores and burns. On account of the astringent properties of the rhubarb root this herb is also used to stop bleeding in cases of minor wounds or injuries.
– Rhubarb is a good source of vitamin K that is associated with promoting osteotropic activity, meaning that it stimulates bone growth and repair.
There are no reviews yet.