Latin Name : Rosmarinus Officinalis
Rosemary is an herb that has been used since ancient times to alleviate various ailments of the body. It contains flavonoids and is high in iron, calcium and vitamin B6.
It belongs to the plant family of Heilantha, Lamiaceae while its botanical name is rosemary the medicinal Rosmarinus officinalis L.
- Enhanced memory : Rosemary has been considered to possess memory-improving qualities. Now, studies have found that rosemary has a diterpene known as carnosic acid, which has neuroprotective properties.
- Works as an anti-inflammatory: Rosemary contains two powerful anti-inflammatories. These are known as carnosol and carnosic acid, and one study found that they inhibited the creation of excessive nitric oxide, which is part of the inflammatory process.
- Immune booster: Rosemary enhances the immune system because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It enhances the general well-being of your body due to its many healing abilities.
- Contains diuretic properties: Rosemary is really a mild diuretic, meaning that it may help dispose of bloating and water retention within the body. It might assist with urine flow and help kidney function. Due to this it can help the body to dispose of extra water (if used consistently).
- Good for respiratory health: Rosemary is really a great help for those with respiratory difficulties. Inhaling the aroma of rosemary oil might assist with congestion due to respiratory infections, allergies, colds, along with influenza.
There are no reviews yet.