Latin Name : Pimpinella Anisum
Exotic anise spice contains some of the important plants derived chemical compounds that are known to have been anti-oxidant, disease preventing, and health promoting properties.
- The essential oils present in aniseed make it an ideal cure for flatulence and to remove phlegm and catarrh in the bronchial passageways.
- Boil water and add a teaspoon of aniseed to it. Leave this to infuse overnight. Strain and drink first thing in the morning with a little bit of honey. This cures indigestion and stomach pain.
- When taken twice a day (morning and night) over a sustained period of time, aniseed powder can reduce cataract in the eyes.
- The expectorant property of this herbs helps relieve asthma symptoms.
- It can be used to produce milk from breastfeeding mothers as well as to stimulate the appetite.
- Aniseed tea made by boiling water and steeping aniseed in it is an excellent cure for insomnia. To make it more palatable, you can add either honey or hot milk. Have this before going to bed for a sound night’s sleep.
- Aniseed can also be used as a mouth freshener.