Latin Name : Angelica Archangelica
Origin Country: Poland
Angelica archangelica prefers northern latitudes and is widely distributed throughout Asia, Europe, and parts of the United States. Angelica roots are aromatic and considered to have spicy, bitter, and warming energetics. Angelica root can be infused as tea, tinctured, and used as a flavoring in liquors.
Health Benefits of Angelica Root
- Angelica infusion is used as gargle for sore throats and mouths sores.
- Angelica infusion is used as remedy for colds, coughs, pleurisy, wind, colic, and disease of urinary organs.
- Angelica tea is used as tonic, used to restore vigor and vitality after sickness.
- Angelica infusion taken as tea is beneficial for coughs, used as expectorant.
- Angelica tea is also used to improve appetite by stimulating stomach activity.
- Angelica improves blood circulation by strengthening the heart, which is beneficial for fibromyalgia, chilblains, cold feet and hands.
- Angelica is also used in regulating menstrual cycle and controlling menstrual discharge.