Latin Name: Withania Somnifera
Origin Country: India
Ashwagandha is an incredibly healthy medicinal herb. It is classified as an “adaptogen,” meaning that it can help your body manage stress.
Aswhagandha also provides all sorts of other benefits for your body and brain.
For example, it can lower blood sugar levels, reduce cortisol, boost brain function and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Benefits of ashwagandha root include :
– It Can Reduce Blood Sugar Levels.
– Protects the Immune System.
– It Can Boost Testosterone and Increase Fertility in Men.
– Ashwagandha May Increase Muscle Mass and Strength.
– It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties.
– It May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides.
– It May Improve Brain Function, Including Memory.
– Slows Down the Degeneration of Brain Cells.
– Reduces Stress and Depression Without Causing Lethargy.
Decoction (Extraction by boiling): 25gr. cut root in 1 small saucepan. Add our herb to the boiling water. Let our mixture boil for 15'-20 '. Strain and drink up to three times a day.
This tea tastes great with a honey and a pinch of warming cinnamon.
Use it as a coffee substitute when you’re craving a little variety in your morning ritual, or simply savor it throughout the day like your favorite tea.
Ashwagandha is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth short-term. The long-term safety of ashwagandha is not known. Large doses of ashwagandha might cause stomach upset, diarrhea, and vomiting.
Ashwagandha can interact adversely with antihypertensive and antidiabetic drugs.
Autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis can be aggravated while taking the herb.
In any case you should consult with your healthcare doctor before using ashwagandha especially if you’re taking other medications or having health problems.