Latin Name : Petroselinum Crispum
Parsley is a popular culinary and medicinal herb recognised as one of the functional food for its unique antioxidants, and disease preventing properties. This wonderful, fragrant rich biennial herb is native to the Mediterranean region.
- Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C, B 12, K and A. This means parsley keeps your immune system strong, tones your bones and heals the nervous system, too.
- It helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function. However, the herb contains oxalates, which can cause problems for those with existing kidney and gall bladder problems.
- Regular use of parsley can help control your blood pressure. The folic acid in this herb is like a tonic for your heart.
- Use parsley daily, and you’ll feel relief from joint pain. That’s because the herb has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Parsley tea relaxes stiff muscles and encourages digestion.