Latin Name : Laurus Nobilis
- Bay leaves are a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, manganese, calcium, potassium and magnesium. As such, regular inclusion of bay leaves in meals promotes general health and well-being.
- The leaves are known to provide protection against cardiovascular disease.
- Traditionally, bay leaves have been used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. The parthenolide present in bay leaves is an anti-inflammatory agent, according to ancient knowledge about the plant.
- Bay leaves are known to have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Their antioxidant properties can help in conditions like diabetes, by enabling the body to process insulin efficiently.
- The leaves are used to treat stomach upsets and reduce the symptoms of digestive disorders. They contain enzymes that help to breakdown proteins and promote digestion of food.
- Some compounds present in bay leaves makes them an efficient herbal remedy for headaches. They have also proved to be useful in the treatment of migraines.
There are no reviews yet.