Latin Name : Levisticum Officinale
Lovage is an herbal supplement native to the Mediterranean region of Southern Europe. The parts of the lovage plant most often used for medicinal purposes include its leaves, stems, and roots. Lovage is commonly made into an essential oil and can be used in infusions, tinctures, decoctions.
Health Benefits of Lovage root:
– Lovage is a type of diuretic that encourages urination without electrolyte loss. It is used as “irrigation therapy” for pain and swelling (inflammation) of the lower urinary tract, for prevention of kidney stones, and to increase the flow of urine when urinary tract infections or fluid retention is present.
– Lovage is recommended as a natural way to fight skin conditions like dermatitis and acne.
– The herb is considered a natural remedy for joint discomfort associated with gout and rheumatic swelling of the joints.
– Lovage is also used for indigestion, heartburn, stomach bloating, intestinal gas.
– It can be used for cough and respiratory conditions (such as pleurisy).