Latin Name : Adiantum Capillus-Veneris
Adiantum capillus-veneris Linn (Maidenhair fern) is an herb belonging to the family Pteridaceae.The fronds of Maidenhair fern were mainly administrated by ancient physicians as single medicine or in combination with other plants in multi-herbal formulations for curing different diseases. Because of different chemical compositions, the herb fronds were also assessed for its numerous pharmacological effects.
Here are some of the most important health benefits of Maidenhair Fern Dried Leaves:
– Maidenhair Fern is a good source of vitamin A, which is needed for good vision and a healthy immune system. It also contains vitamin C and niacin.
– Maidenhair Fern is an astringent and helps with sore throats and pharyngitis.
– Maidenhair Fern also works well as a tonic for dandruff and itchy dry scalp.
– Maidenhair Fern contains lots of good antioxidants that help boost your immune system and ward of colds, flues, and cardiovascular disease.
– Because Maidenhair Fern is a good diuretic it can help prevent and flush out bladder and kidney stones.