Latin Name : Iris Germanica
Iris (cocktail, iris, chicken root) is a perennial plant of the Iris family, characterized by numerous medicinal properties widely used in traditional medicine and pharmaceutical industry.
- Great Antiseptic: The essential minerals and the oils provide a healing effect to the person and act as great antiseptics. Various types of burns, scars are done away through an application of orris powder.
- Relieves Lung Congestion, Diarrhea & Other Problems: Heavy congestion in the lungs, diarrhea etc. all can be cured by intake of this powder. The orris root helps to minimize the inflammation and swellings in the bronchial area, thereby minimizing the effect of nasal problems.
- Strong & Healthy Teeth: Orris root is very commonly used in the tooth powders and the pastes to emit a fresh and a good fragrance. Normally dried roots are given to the babies for teething as it makes their teeth stronger and healthier.
- Diseases of the digestive organs: The root contains bitterness and essential oil, which allows its use in liver diseases, stomach cramps, gallstones, stomach ulcers, pancreatitis, gastroenteritis, gastritis anhydride and other diseases of the digestive organs.
- Urinary system: Improves kidney function and is a good protector for them, therefore, the iris is used to treat diseases of the urinary system.