Latin Name : Mentha Pipperita
- Fever Reducer: Peppermint tea has menthol as a main component, so drinking the tea can cause external sweating, while the menthol cools down your body inside. This essentially “breaks” a fever, and can reduce the associated inflammation and discomfort.
- Digestive Health: Peppermint tea is considered a carminative, meaning that it helps to move gas through the body as it accumulates. The tea also stimulates bile flow to increase the rate and efficiency of digestion and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Respiratory Issues: As an antispasmodic, it can also relieve you of that irritating sensation that makes you want to cough, thereby exacerbating your respiratory condition.
- Weight Loss: The aroma of peppermint oil and some of its organic components can actually eliminate the appetite, so smelling this substance can help reduce overeating, and subsequently, obesity!
- Stress Levels: The natural sedative and antispasmodic nature of menthol makes it very good at relieving mental stress. The anti-inflammatory nature can reduce blood pressure and body temperature, and allow you to unwind and relax, letting your cares melt away.
There are no reviews yet.