Latin Name : Verbena Officinalis
Vervain (Verbena officinalis) is a flowering plant in the verbena family of herbs. While there are well over 250 species of verbena, vervain refers specifically to the types used for medicinal purposes.
- Vervain’s ability to ease the feelings associated with anxiety and stress is well-acknowledged. A cup of vervain tea has a soothing effect on the central nervous system.
- Digestive disorders can be treated by making of infusion of vervain which will also help to keep the gut healthy. It is a natural remedy for vomiting and diarrhea.
- Vervain is known to possess innate analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it an efficient cure for cold and fever.
- It can be used for mouthwashes, against caries and gum disease.
- Externally it is used in the form of compresses and for washing in incurable ulcers, swollen lymph nodes, thrombophlebitis, gold, eczema, itching, skin pimples, neuralgia, gingivitis and tonsillitis as an anti-inflammatory and painkiller.