Latin Name : Hamamelis Virginiana
Witch hazel is derived from the leaves and bark of Hamamelis virginiana, a type of shrub that is native to North America. It is a compound with powerful medicinal properties that can be used in a variety of ways.
– It contains tannins, a type of natural compound with astringent effects. By acting as an astringent, witch hazel helps to constrict skin tissue.
– Witch hazel is widely known for its ability to ease inflammation and soothe sensitive skin.
– It is, also, often used as a natural remedy to provide relief from the discomfort and pain caused by hemorrhoids.
– Applying a bit of witch hazel to your scalp before washing your hair may help treat scalp sensitivity and provide relief from symptoms, such as itching and tenderness.
– Thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, some research suggests that witch hazel could be useful in the treatment of acne.